Tuesday, October 16, 2012

French Lick'in Good!




My husband loves the element of surprise....So it wasn't much of a surprise when he texted me last Friday with a...

"get off early, come home and pack a bag...We're going on vacation!"

Surprise or not (he likes to hint as well :) ) Is it not ALWAYS a good day when you get to go on a vacation?? :D I think so!

So my little bugs packed up with mini rolling suit cases, I threw together a few options and off we went at 6p.m. down the high way towards our awaiting destination. Now, keep in mind, we have two five year olds so it wasn't going to be the beach and some margaritas, but with my husband you just never know. He is the biggest kid at heart and when he wants to play his first choice.... is water.

French Lick, Indiana... Home of Larry Bird! (So I found out, several times....)

We pull up and the kids eyes glaze over when the see it, the indoor waterpark...yep, splish splash we're gunna have a blast! haha

After about 3 hours of swimming, pizza, games, 6 hours of sleep, breakfast, 3 more hours of swimming...we pack up and head to the Uh-mazING Amish buffet and gorge ourselves with fried chicken, fish, stuffing, mashed potatoes with butter you could feel, corn (my favorite) and the most delicious banana - peanut butter pie in the world! Thank goodness I didn't have to get back in a bikini after that...

Our next discovery was to the gorgeous luxurious West Baden hotel, where the harp was singing in your ears, Starbucks was flirting with your nose and the architecture was magnificently choreographed...Figures, my kids (including my husband) would grab a couple of fake mustaches and make a photo shoot out of it. haha

By the end of the weekend, we swam, ate, played, and viewed on of the most historically magnificent hotels I've ever seen....

It was a good weekend.




Oh, Daisy. 


Stunning detail and character at every angle

" I'm gunna look like a man, you know, a little man..."

Stunning library we could have stayed in all day



dashing...


Yep...now thats sibling love...
 

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment