Saturday, January 25, 2014

Weather Down and Layer Up

layer up



Lauren ralph lauren sweater / Warehouse cotton crewneck sweater, $63 / Rebecca taylor blazer / Old Navy black legging / Square scarve / 21 MENS Classic Cargo Jacket


Loving layers right now here in Louisville, KY.  It's freezing outside! But I do have to admit...I love to layer.  Keeping my colors and patterns similar, I love to play with textures.  My fav texture at this point is Tweed.  I love putting a silky top or even t-shirt with a statement necklace under my favorite tweed jacket.  I always get a compliment on it and it always looks polished.

One thing I have learned about layering is that a simple up-do usually looks best. Right now I have just-below collar bone length hair and it always gets tied up in the heftier layers.  My favorite up-do being, of course, a messy bun. :)


Another favorite is this huge comfy sweater I scored at TJ Maxx for $10!  Under that I put on my $5 Henley from Target, add a simple piece of jewelry and BAM! Happy Friday to me.

P.s.  Harlen loves to layer too... Fur coat under thick sweater. puppy.swag.



What are your Favorite layering pieces?

Xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment